Attention students and parents! The deadline for selecting courses for the 2014-15 school year is this week Thursday, April 3rd.
Students have been working with counselors over the past month reviewing courses that best fit their post-secondary plans. The online curriculum has been accessed with heavy traffic as students pour over the broad spectrum of courses offered at the high school. The vast majority of students have electronically submitted their course requests with a handful of students yet to finalize their choices.
It is critical that parents and students understand that the courses requested by students are what drives the master schedule. Teaching staff is assembled based on course requests. As a result, R-PHS honors these choices and will hold students accountable for those choices for the 2014-15 school year. Once requests are final (April 3rd), there are four criteria that warrant a schedule change. They are:
- A student has an incomplete schedule
- A student needs to retake a failed course
- A student does not meet a class prerequisite
- A student has already earned credit for a course in credit recovery or a test-out setting
Questions? Contact your student’s counselor:
- Students last names A-G…Mr. Schlaff, 744-1647 ext 3710. email@example.com
- Students last names H-N…Mrs. Earhart, 744-1647 ext 3706, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students last names )-Z…Mr. Smith, 744-1647 ext 3707, email@example.com